Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

Can you add Salary Calculator in your software? It'll save help when company policy isn't fixed for payroll of different department and positions. Sometimes we've to design custom salary breakup for any particular employee or position for any purpose.

Regards,
      Khalid

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi Khalid,

You can create multiple Salary Groups to calculate salary. Each group allows you to define custom salary break-ups.

Please refer the videos below for details.
      http://lenvica.in/steps-in-salary-processing/

Hope this helps.

Biju

• Khalid

Hi,

Thanks. But my need is different. In our organisation we don't have fixed salary/slab for any position. We decide salary based on interview. We pay different salaries to different persons in same position. So it'll be difficult to make so many salary groups for each person. We decide a TAKE HOME SALARY, or GROSS SALARY for any person after interview. And based on this figure we optimize the breakup for tax saving or to let the person have maximum take home amount as per his requirement or request. I need something so that if we put a GROSS amount the rest components should be calculated based on my requirement, some components fixed some variable at particular %ge of the Basic or Gross etc.. I've one such thing in Excel where after entering the monthly gross or yearly gross amount the rest are calculated automatically. If i get the same in this software itself i don't have to open that excel file every time. One Payroll software i found on net, name of whom i've forgotten, claimed to have the same facility.

Cheers to the developers.

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi Khalid,

If you can make the calculations in excel, you can do the same in Lenvica HRMS also.

Can you forward the excel sheet so that we can understand better.

There is no need to define salary structure for each employee. Only one salary structure is usually required.

Best Regards,
      Biju George

• Khalid

Hi,

I'm sharing the excel sheet with you. However, we modify the formula in excel sheet whenever we require. I need this because we, at many times, first decide the gross or CTC, then break the salary components as some times candidate asks for specific salary figure in terms of take home or gross. We've to optimize the structure so that his take home is maximum and legal liabilities and IT are minimum. I've seen this flexibility in some companies where negotiation goes for salary.

Attachments:

• Rincy Devassy

Hi,

Referred the excel file.

In Lenvica HRMS, it's possible to calculate salary in the same manner.

I'll explain how to calculate basic pay using this method.

1. Create one salary head Gross Salary.
      2. Make the Type of salary head as Non Payslip
      3. Create a Salary Group
      4. Add the salary head Gross Salary to this group.
      5. Then add salary head 'Basic Pay'.
      6. According to the excel format Basic Pay is 30% of Gross Salary
      7. Define the formula for Basic Pay as (Gross Salary * 30/100).
        (Note: In Formula Editor Select the salary head "Non Payslip" from the drop down, then you can see the gross salary listed there)
      8. Now Define the salary card for each employee.
      9. In "Salary Card" select the salary group which you just created.(You can assign all employees in same salary group.)
      11. Now edit the value of gross salary in salary card.
      12. Process the salary.
      13. The rest is calculated automatically.

Hope this solution is useful. For any more queries on the same please do let me know.

Regards,
      Rincy

• Khalid

I really appreciate your response. However i've got another problem. I've done like you explained. But can you tell me a perfect formula so that the amount in salary is calculated based on his days worked. i need to calculate salary based on employees work days. The formula i'm using is as below. But the calculation result isn't as it should be. I first used a simple formula which obviously was wrong. But now again the below formula seems to b wrong. If you can tell me correct formula i'll be grateful.

Basic = (({Gross Breakup}*50/100)/[Days in Period])* ([Days Worked]+<Holiday_Days>+[Number of Day Offs])

Waiting for your answer.
      Thanks in anticipation..
      Khalid

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi Khalid,

With so little information, it's difficult to make a suggestion. But I'll try to point you in the right direction.

You can make non-payslip Salary Heads in Lenvica HRMS. That makes it easy to define as many salary variables as you want.

So, first create a non-payslip salary head called 'Wages for a day'. Wages for a day = Wages for the month / Days in the month.

Now, make another non-payslip salary head called 'Payable Days'. Payable Days = Days in the month – Days absent (or something similar).

Now, Pay = Wages for a day * Payable Days.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't write to support@lenvica.com to schedule an online support session.

Best Regards,
      Biju George

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.