HR, Payroll, Attendance Software Forums Lenvica HRMS Ask a Question Multiple attendance types during the same day/time period

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Is it possible to enter miltiple attendance types during the same time period? We are not working with devices but are manually putting the attendance data in.
      Example:
      When an employee is going on leave, we need to mark the day as earned leave to be able to keep track of the leave balance in the entitlement. But the same day also needs to used to calculate the salary of that month as no matter if the employee is on leave or not, he/she should still be paid the normal working hours for that day to match with the salary as agreed upon.

Is it possible to mark the whole day as an earned leave day and on top of that mark the normal working hours with another attendance type that is used in salary calculation?

• Jose

Short Answer: Yes it is possible to create multiple attendance entries in the same time period (of course of different attendance types)

Moderator can give you a more detailed answer on your specific case.

• Linda

Thank you Jose for your reply.  :)

I will be patiently waiting for the moderator to help me with the details as I have already entered the required attendance types for the days in question but am not getting errors when I want to process the payroll.

• natraj

Hi Linda,

As Jose said, it is possible to create multiple attendance entries during the same time/period.

Also, it is possible to process the salary with those attendance types.

It can be done by the following steps:
      1. Create a new attendance type as 'Paid Leave' or whatever you like to call, as 'Leave' category.
      2. Mark 'Earned Leave' in the day where the employee is on leave.
      3. Mark newly created attendance type (Paid Leave) on the same day.
      4. Use newly created attendance type (Paid Leave) in the formula for processing the salary.

Screenshots are attached for your reference…..

Attachments:

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi Linda,

We hope that the issue is solved. We are awaiting a response from you.

Warm Regards,
      Biju

• Linda

Sorry for he delay but yes the issue was resolved now. Thank you for your reply and solution.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.