HR, Payroll, Attendance Software Forums Lenvica HRMS Ask a Question Is it possible to make the current Earned Leave balances appear in Payslips?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

All,

Is there a provision to display the earned leave balances in the payslips generated from Lenvica HRMS. It must actually show the opening and closing balances along with the count of availed ELs of that particular month. I have attached an old payslip generated from Lenvica HRMS.

Attachments:

• Vineeth

Hello,

Welcome to Lenvica Forum!

Yes, it is possible to display earned leave balances in the payslip. You can enable this option under Salary Settings -> 'Payslip' Tab. You must choose Earned Leave in the 'Payslip Attendance Types'. This will display the count of Earned leaves consumed by the employee in that month of which the payslip is generated. Furthermore, the opening and closing balances of Earned leave can be displayed if the tick mark under 'Include Entitlements' is checked. Kindly reference the screenshots of 'Payslip Settings' attached. Also attached is one old payslip pulled out after enabling the feature to display the Earned Leave balances in Payslips.

Attachments:

• Hari Sankar

Hello,

I need the earned leave balances to appear in the payslips of previous salary periods’ too. I have checked mark the option in reference to the screenshots provided. Do I need to reprocess the payslips for previous periods?

• Vineeth Jose
        Keymaster

Hello Hari,

Welcome to the Forum! Thank you for posting your query here!

Salary re-processing is not required. Once you have configured the settings required for the earned leave balance details to appear in payslip, you can directly check the payslip report. It will display the earned leave balance details in the payslip.

• Dwane John

Hello,

We are a textile manufacturing company with about 370 employees. We are evaluating attendhrm payroll software. We are giving an increment to the employees who completed 1 year with the company. I have imported the values to salary master with the effective date. But after processing the salary in your payroll software, it’s still showing previous payroll period values for those employees. Please guide me on how i can process salary with new values in their payslip.

• Steve Alex
        Keymaster

Hello Dwane,

Salary Master is a module to store the values which doesn’t change in each Salary Period. The history of values are also stored with the effective date. Another advantage of using master value is the values will keep there in Salary Master even though you are changing the employee to another Salary Group. Salary will be processed according to the values in Salary Card. Salary Master values can be copied to Salary Card. You can update Salary Card with Salary Master values using two methods:

1. Copy Salary Master values to Salary Card
        2. Import values using excel to Salary Card and Salary Master

Since you have already processed salary once, remember to check the option ‘Overwrite Existing Payslip‘ to generate new payslips with new values.

To compare previous salary, you can generate the salary report ‘Salary Comparison Report‘ in Lenvica HRMS Payroll Software.

• Jameelah Zayed Almotairir

Thanks to this post! I’m now able to share info on the earned leave balances to my employees through the payslips generated from Lenvica HRMS payroll software. However, I need another clarification regarding leave encashment. Our company, like many other, follow a policy that by the year end, the leftover earned leaves of an employee are encashed and paid to her through the payslip only. As per the rule, there is provision to encash maximum of 6 earned leaves only. If there are more than 6 leaves, then you can carry forward these earned leaves to next leave year. You can carry forward only up to 3 earned leaves to the subsequent leave year. If there is still balance after encashing and carry forwarding then it is discarded. Can this be handled using Lenvica HRMS payroll software?

• Vineeth Jose
        Keymaster

Hi,

Lenvica HRMS can perfectly meet to your requirements. You can encash earned leaves through Lenvica HRMS payroll software itself. The amount to be encashed will reflect in the payslip under the salary head called ‘Leave Encashment’. The count of earned leaves encashed will be deducted from the leave balances. Further, it is also possible to carry forward the earned leaves left after encashing or else they can be discarded too.

Leave Encashment option is available under Leave module in the payroll software. In your case, you must first define the earned leave encashment policy under the screen ‘Leave Encashment Policy’. You must define here the maximum count of earned leaves that can be encashed, the amount or formula to deduce the amount that must be paid for each day of leave encashed. Once you have defined the policy, you can click on Leave Encashment under the Leave module. You can follow the wizard instructions to sucessfully encash leaves for employees. Once the leaves are encashed and approved, you can process payslip for the period and the earned leave encashed value will dispay in the payslip. Ensure that the salary head called ‘Leave Encashment’ is added in the salary group.

Second requirement of carry forwarding the earned leaves using the payroll software can also be done. You can define the leave carry forward policy under Leave module. Here you specify the maximum count of earned leaves that can be carry forwarded to the year succeeding. You can then access the wizard under Leave carry forward screen and the earned leaves will be carried forward. If there is still earned leave balances then those will be discarded. The page link below will explain how to carry forward leaves in Lenvica HRMS payroll software.

How to carry forward leaves at the year end?

• Madhu

I have been using Lenvica HRMS payroll software with employee self service for several months now. We observed that the payslips are not available immediately on employee self service after running the salary processing. My staffs panic when they don’t get the payslips on the first of the month. How can we publish the payslips as soon as we process the salary?

• Sujit Manoharan
      Participant

Hi Madhu, After processing the salary, you need to verify the salary data to make sure they are perfect. Once you have completed all corrections and reprocess the salary. You have to close the salary period. As soon as you close the salary period, it means that no more corrections will be made and the payslips will be published. To make the payslips available immediately after salary processing, please verify salary data and close the period at the earliest.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.