Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I want to take a backup of the database of 'Lenvica HRMS', because my pc is affected by virus and i need to format the whole system. Is there any way to take a backup of database? or if there is a particular file i can copy it to my pen drive?

If i take a database backup, can i get the previous data after reinstalling the attend hrm software?

Someone pls help.. :)

Thanks

• natraj

Hello Mr.Anbu,

Backup facility is already available in 'Lenvica HRMS', through which you can take a backup of the database. Only the 'admin' user can be able to take the database backup, so make sure that you are an admin user in 'Lenvica HRMS'.

This facility is available under 'Administration' module. When you are ceating a new backup, a file(backup) will be created in the user defined path. As you said you need to copy that file to your pen drive. And later when you reinstall the 'Lenvica HRMS' software, you have to restore it to the 'Data' folder of 'Lenvica HRMS'.

Thats it , the database will be restored with your old data. 8)…

Thanks

• anbuv

Hi Natraj,

Thanks for your response…..

But i removed the viruses in my pc using some antivirus programs, so i'm not reinstalling 'Lenvica HRMS'.

But anyway i'm planning to take database backup every week. Is there a way to automate this process somehow?

Whether 'Lenvica HRMS' has the 'scheduler' facility, so that i can schedule the backup process at the midnight and also the database backup can be done even if the concern person is on leave/vacation.

If this facility is not available in 'Lenvica HRMS' right now, can i have this as an additional feature?

Waiting for your response…..

Thanks

• natraj

Hi,

This feature is already added to Lenvica HRMS. With this, you can schedule the 'Database Backup' process with preferable date/time. After scheduling 'Lenvica HRMS' will automatically take the backup of the database and store it in the user defined path.

Kindly contact us to avail this feature…

Regards,
      Natraj

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi,

Scheduled Database Backups are now available with Lenvica HRMS 2.8.12.

You can schedule backups hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or according to any custom recurrence pattern.

Cheers,
      Biju George

• pasupathy

Hi,

It looks easy now. But I wonder how can I restore the database? Please tell me the steps to do that.

Cheers
      Pasupathy

• lenvica

Hi,

Please find the tool to restore the 'Lenvica HRMS' database in the link below.
      http://www.lenvica.in/tools/AttendHRM-DBRestoreUtility.exe

Run the downloaded utility and follow the instructions to restore the database.
      1. Backup File Path [Default]: C:\Program Files\Lenvica HRMS\bin\Archive\DB\
      2. Firebird Bin Folder [Default]: C:\Program Files\Lenvica HRMS\Firebird\bin\
      3. Database Path [Default]: C:\Program Files\Lenvica HRMS\Data\
      4. Server Name/IP[Default]: Localhost
      5. Click 'Restore' button after assigning above parameters as per your environment.

Note: If you replace an open and running database, there is a good chance that you will corrupt it. For best results and minimal chance of corrupting a database, you should close 'Lenvica HRMS' application & 'Communicator' before replacing it.

After the restoration is completed, the database will automatically be opened again for use from Lenvica HRMS application.

Cheers,
      Lenvica

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.