Compensatory Off or Compensation Off or simply Comp Off is a leave granted to an employee as a compensation for working on a holiday or a weekly off day at the request of his employer. Employers may request employees to work extra hours to meet unforeseen emergencies and later the employees can be compensated with a leave called Comp Off.
How to claim Compensatory Off(Comp Off) as an Employee
To claim a compensatory off you should go through the following sequence of events:
- Your employer requests you to work on a holiday or weekly off day
- You work on a holiday or weekly off day
- On the ESS Portal, you raise a ‘Compensatory Work’ request to claim that you have worked on a holiday
- When your manager approves the request, you get credit for a ‘Comp Off’
- With the credit received, you apply for a ‘Compensatory Off’ against a working day.
- When your manager approves your request, you are granted a ‘Comp Off’
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.