HR, Payroll, Attendance Software Forums Attend HRM Ask a Question Salary isn’t calculated according to attendance..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I've been facing problem setting the system so that the salary is calculated according to the attendance. In my salary slip it's showing days worked as 11 and days Absent as 13. Still the same salary figure is shown for full 30 days work in a month. I'm confused. I tried finding the reason. But failed. Kindly help me understand and solve this problem.

Regards,
      Khalid

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi Khalid,

Defining salary formula is as simple as in Excel. So, you need to specify how exactly you want the salary to be calculated.

The WYSIWYG(What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) Formula editor enables you to specify the formula according to your requirement.

When you make a salary group, if you want to pay Rs. 5000 as Basic Pay. All you have to do is specify Basic Pay as a Fixed Value.

But as you mentioned, you want to calculate Basic Pay according to the number of days worked.

So, you need to define the formula, as below:
      Basic Pay = [Value]/[Days In Period]* [Days Worked]

Where [Value] is the figure you defined with Basic Pay
      [Days In Period] is the Number of days in your salary period.
      [Days Worked] is the Number of days worked as per the attendance module.

The second video in the link below should help you with this.
      http://lenvica.in/steps-in-salary-processing/

Should you require any further assistance do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
      Biju George

• Khalid

Dear Mr. Biju,

Thanks for the solution. But, i feel it should have been automatic. Means, salary for every month should be calculated automatically according to the person's attendance. Users should only give formula for the calculation of salary components. I'm sure, any new user would have the same confusion.

However, i've one more question. Suppose i want to calculate each component of the salary on some particular formula. If i don't want to put any fixed figure for Basic. Instead, i want the Basic to be 40-50% of Gross Salary and some of the components should be calculated at some %age of Basic, rest should be fixed, the balance amount should go to the Other Allowance component of salary. Can i do it? I've entered formula for components that are calculated based on Basic..

Regards.
      Khalid

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi,

We can't automate that actually, because of the following reasons:

1. Not all salary heads are calculated the same way
      2. Not all customers have the same requirement
      3. We wanted to keep it as simple and flexible as excel, but yet powerful.

Yes, this is possible.

The second video in the link below should help you with this.
      http://lenvica.in/steps-in-salary-processing

Best Regards,
      Biju

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.