HR, Payroll, Attendance Software Forums Lenvica HRMS Ask a Question Problem Accessing Hand Punch 1000 from Ingresoll Rand

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

After searching through the internet, I found your Lenvica HRMS software. I have downloaded the program and started the configuration process. Everything is fine except the connection with the time attendance machine.
      We are using Hand Punch 1000 from Ingresikk Rand company. We want to establish the connection between the device and Lenvica HRMS. I tried both direct and mapping methods, but only received errors in both cases.

Would you please help me solve this issue ?

Regards,
      Shaban Alzaiem

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi,

Lenvica HRMS can communicate with Time Attendance devices in different ways.

1. Direct SDK Communication – Direct IP based communication with the device.

2. Attendance data import from another database – If your time attendance device is using a database to store the data, we can fetch time attendance data directly from the database, in regular intervals.

3. Attendance data import from a text file –  We call it mapping. Once you do the mapping, Lenvica HRMS will regularly read time attendance data from this text file.

If option 3 is possible, you can import data as shown in video below:
      How to connect a Time Attendance device? (Import from text file)

If option 2 is possible, share your database with us, and we will create a plug-in to read from your database.

If you choose option 1, please ask your device manufacturer to share the SDK with us, and we will create a plug-in to directly communicate with your device(s).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
      Biju George

• alzaiem

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm currently trying to use mapping (Option 3) for communication with the device through the text file retrieved from the hand punch reader. I have done the configuration in the mapping fields according to the codes provided. However, Lenvica HRMS does NOT read from the text file.
      In the transactions history, there are no entries to show that a read operation was executed.

How can I solve this problem ?

Regards,
      Shaban Alzaiem

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi,

Request you to go through the details in the link below:
      http://www.lenvica.in/forum/index.php/topic,86.0.html

If it still doesn't work, please follow the instructions in the link below, and we will connect to your PC to help you online.
      http://demo.lenvica.in

Warm Regards,
      Biju George

• alzaiem

Hi,

Thank you for much for the prompt support. I have installed the program on another machine and checked from the beginning. There was a missing part which is the badge number in the employee file. I thought that the Employee ID number will be used as the badge.  :P

Now I got the readings correctly in the file. I will check with the shifts details and the rest.

I have noticed the the Lenvica HRMS Communicator is not appearing in the first PC i was using !!  although I checked the task manager and found it in the list of running programs (AttendCommunicator.exe). How can the Icon on the bottom right-hand-side corner of the screen be shown again ?

Regards,
      Shaban Alzaiem

• Biju
      Keymaster

Hi,

Glad that it helped. I see that you are an expert :)

The communicator is a tray application. If there is a problem, you can stop the process with your 'Task Manager'.

The communicator will be restarted when you open 'Lenvica HRMS'. Or you can restart it using the 'Program Menu'.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
      Biju George

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.