Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

Can I import employee details from excel sheet? If yes, is there any particular format required for this?

Bobby

• Rijo Pappachan

Hi Bobby,

You can import employee details from excel sheet using ‘import’ feature of employee module. 

Please note the below points when you prepare the document,
      1. The import excel document should be in .csv format
      2. Employee ID, First Name, Department, Location, Date of Joining are mandatory and it should be filled in the import excel document.
      3. Date of joining should be in the format DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY and it should be same as the system date format.
      4. Location and department names should be same as in Employer module if it’s already filled.

You can download a sample excel import document from the link below,
      http://lenvica.in/downloads/Sample%20Employee%20Import%20Data.csv

Alternatively you can get an import document template from the ‘Import’ folder of AttendHRM installation folder.

Go through the link below to see a video of import process,
      http://lenvica.in/how-to-import-employees-from-a-file/

Hope this helps!

Regards,
      Rijo

• bobby

Hi Rijo

Thanks for your swift reply. I’m getting an error message in the import wizard screen. The message is “Invalid value for field 'Department': 'information System and Administration'”
      Please help me on this.

Thanks,
      Bobby

• Rijo Pappachan

Hi Bobby,

The problem is because of the department name exceeded it’s allowed character limit. The department name should not exceed 30 characters. Space is also treating as a character.

Below are the character limit of few fields,
      First Name- 50, Middle Name- 50, Last Name- 50, Department- 30, Location- 50, Address 1- 50, Address 2- 50, Designation- 50

Hope this helps!

Regards,
      Rijo

• bobby

Thanks. It worked fine.

Bobby

• Payal Sharma
      Keymaster

Rijo,

Is there any limit to the number of employees to be maintained in one excel file.

I have 3000 employees all over in five branches. Would it work if I make one excel sheet including all employees. Will I be able to import that to the AttendHRM here in my headoffice.

Payal,
      Mulund.

• Rijo Pappachan

Hi Payal,

You can import 'n' number of employee details, if you are using 'Professional' or 'Enterprise' edition. The Lite edition supports 30 employees only.

Regards,

Rijo

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.